Tuesday, January 20, 2009
- President Obama
My Mother called me, she said she laughed, she cried, she sang along. My daughters came home, one from school the other from Europe, dancing around to Michael Franti's tribute to our new President. Audrey asked if I cried, because she knew I did, and stated her drama teacher sobbed(the one who made the wonderful commencement speech for the class of 2006).
It's a new day.
Monday, January 12, 2009
Friday, January 09, 2009
Thursday, January 08, 2009
Yesterday it was my birthday
I hung one more year on the line
I should be depressed
My life's a mess
But I'm havin' a good time
- Paul Simon
Well, not really, I shouldn't be depressed, but my life is always a mess. But I'm having a good time. This is us at the airport, waiting in line, sending Emma off to Scotland and England to sing. What a lucky girl. I spent 8 hours, again, in the car, driving to Dulles, waiting, driving home. Not exactly my idea of fun, but somehow we manage to make it fun. We laugh, we take photos, we tell stories.
It's time for the list again. In reviewing last year's birthday list, at first I was a bit disappointed that I did not realize about half, but then I recognized the fact that what I did accomplish took quite a bit of effort, mainly school, so I'm ok with that.
46 Things to do do before I turn 46
- Music - expereience some new, still look for some old favorites. Being a bit more vague because if an artist does not come to town, then it becomes a bit more difficult, I still want to see Ozomatli and Anders again. Michael is already scheduled.
- Continue my college education
- I NEED to finish more unfinished creative projects so will try to keep a running tab on what I manage to accomplish - Be more aggresive in posting to Use What You Have
- Take a photography class
- Take a photoshop class
- Continue with Project 365
- Resume Self Portrait Challenge
- Sell our house
- rent an apartment for the next year, this is so we only own one house
- Get a job for the summer on the eastern shore
- Publish my blogs (a must!)
- Make peace with my demons/people. Accept them for who/what they are and move on
- Travel - Puerto Rico is on the horizon, so is Mexico and New York, still want to go to Philadelpia, maybe a trip to Chicago to visit family, a music festival somewhere (New Orleans is always a possibility but would like something new, too)
- Local Museums - including the Visionary Arts, BMA, Holocaust
- Go ice skating - that's a bee in my bonnet for the last week or so
- Spend more time with my sister
- Join or start a creative group - the women's retreat never happened and maybe that's too big - start small with a group that meets weekly/monthly/or quarterly
- Buy some new cowboy boots, oh yeah
- Go for walks
- Continue exploring the eastern shore
- Ride, ride, ride
- Be kind to myself
- Continue to purge, including clutter and weight - an ongoing process
- Annual mash and flash
- Build a fire pit or two, one at each house?
- Get back on the blogging wagon
- Physical challenge - Either the 10K with Peach or the Seagull Century with some Y people or both
- Do something that scares me - might need to do some research on this one or not- there are many things that scare me
- Organize recipes
- Organize photos
- Organize clippings
- Order ACE certification materials
- Zumba certification?
- Drink more water
- Service projects - Charlottes hats, Santas Helpers Anonymous, Rubarb
- Spend more time with my parents
- Attend church at Lansdowne (once a month?)
- Etsy shop
- Bake bread
- Yoga more than once
- Talk to strangers
- Hook a rug
- Speak spanish
- Take time to play, play games, play creatively,
- Host a party down the shore
And there you have it. That's a mighty big list. Again, some things will happen and some will not (like those organizing ones, dang! they are no fun, but need to be done). I may review and make changes. The point is to make the list and see what it brings.