Monday, June 23, 2008
Saturday, June 21, 2008
Friday, June 20, 2008
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
She and her husband make these birdhouses together. They are all over the yard with various designs. I've seen one in progess with the pieces of pinecones painstakingly glued onto the roof as shingles.
Okay, they even make their own sea glass with a rock tumber. Shhh, don't tell her I told you.
I've got plans for two porches this summer, which includes sand and sea glass. We are getting together again this weekend to make some windchimes from computer parts, beads, and whatever else we fiind.
This week I've been trying to find my own rhythym, but as usual, people have come and gone from this home base. I've sorted through my studio, sorted through my kitchen, sorted through my bathroom. I am trying to do some major purging this week. I've managed to make a dent, albeit a small one. I am teaching more classes, making up for lost time and time I will be losing. The handsome one is away on playing soldier, the youngest is away with friends and hasn't texted me in two days(!), and oldest was lonely so came home to hang with her Mom (not really, she's going out tonight and tomorrow night). The constant around here are me and the dogs. Tonight I have a date with either Gill Grisham, who is my constant, or Rocky Balboa, a one night stand, some spicey roasted red pepper soup with black beans, corn and shrimp along with a curry chicken salad wrap, my knitting needles, some sugar and creme twist yarn and a washcloth pattern. How great is that?
Saturday, June 14, 2008
Tonight I listened and watched the entire episode 486 with Anders Osborne and the Hillbilliey Gypsies. I plan on becoming a partner and receiving two free tickets. I know I'll travel to Kentucky for great music. Check out their archives and listen/watch some great music. Next for me is Abigail Washburn, John McCuetchen, Be Good Tanyas. I know I'll find more. But go ahead and take a glance, listen to Anders and his wonderful music of New Orleans, Katrina, and a wife he loves deeply. Listen to the Hillbillie gypsies, bluegrass on caffeine, great stuff. Great for a night alone.
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Or at least, one week of summer vacation
- laying on the beach with my daughters talking about our separate camp experiences in this same little town
- walking 3 dogs, walking 3 dogs, walking 3 dogs, walking 3 dogs, walking 3 dogs, walking 3 dogs, do you get the picture?
- picking strawberries in extreme heat, the only other people out there were 3 migrant workers
- a knock on the door at dusk, my friend Annette, in her suit, towel wrapped around her, carrying a bottle of wine. We sat and swam in the pool, drinking our wine, absolutely wonderful
- setting up my little studio away from studio
- listening to music, cleaning my kitchen, readying to make jam, talking to my sister
- not brushing my hair all week, the dreads are starting, I've got about 8
- finishing my rug
- going to the beach late every afternoon for an hour
- lounging in the pool
- making house
- getting my Mexican on at La Quetzelteca, mmmmm
- Endless hours of CSI and I can not wait until this Sunday with the Father's Day Marathon of CSI
I am at home now. Feeling a bit lonely. My Mom, sensing my lonliness has invited me over several times, but I feel I must be alone in my lonliness, or at least for the next day or two, to get used to it. I'll be ok. I start back to work tomorrow, unpacking to do, purging of this household, Dr's appts. to make and an MRI to schedule (damn accident) and of course numerous projects.