Monday, January 12, 2009

Knitting Sunshine


This is what I am doing today. Sitting in the sunshine, with Apple Sunshine on my lap, knitting a scarf. I hope to finish it today.
I am operating on the "no news is good news" policy. Emma has been gone for 5 days. She is travelling in Scotland and England singing with her choir. She had just finished 6th grade the first time she travelled without us, going to Hawaii on a People to People expedition for two weeks. She called home several times with a calling card, the last time being the night before departing Hawaii saying she did not want to come home. That's a good call. Audrey spent New Years in California with her best friend. She called home everyday, sometimes more than once a day, with joy, laughter, excitement, speaking a bit of spanish. They were good calls. My girls are growing, becoming adults, not needing me as much...as I need them. So I sit and knit, repetetively, and wait for my children to come home.

No comments: