Thursday, April 22, 2010

Random Thoughts

The New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival starts tomorrow.  I want to go so bad I can feel it from my head to my toes.  I spend my days listening to Galactic, Anders Osborne, Eric Lindell,  Bonerama, Glenn David Andrews, and compilations of various New Orleans artists.  I want to:
  • Be revived at the Gospel Tent





  • See Old Crow at the Fais do do
  • Watch my friend Anders give good face (I listen to him so much I consider him my friend)
  • Eat a simple Po' boy
  • Dance, dance, dance









            • Smell sweat, sunscreen and stale beer
            • Hear "somebody scream y'all"
            • Revel in the street scene





            • Buy a belt buckle, though I have a great one, I still long for the one that said "I like everyone" on the front and "except you" on the inside where no one else could see (yes, there are times)
            • Find that new artist that rocks my socks who I will listen to all year
            • Really learn to two step to zydeco
            • Rockin' horns
            • Oh to be a Festin' Dawlin' again
            I will go next year.  There is no doubt.  Ozomatli will have to cure some of my aches.  They are coming to Baltimore on Tuesday and we will cross the bridge. 

            Photos from last years journey.

            No comments: