Sunday, March 18, 2007

Everyday Inspiration

Some time ago, I had been tasked with a 6 week Adult Sunday school session on Everyday Inspiration. I wish I had taken it more seriously, but typical to my nature, I procrastinated. I should have done more research on line and in the blog world because I know there is a wealth of information, ideas, and opinions. . Anyway, I didn't. Let this be a lesson. We are focusing on passions, hobbies, and professions. Exploring the relationship between our spiritual life and our creative life. How we are inspired, inspire others, how the spirit moves within us, around us, and through us and our creativity. If you have any definite thoughts on the matter, leave me a comment. This will be going on for 6 weeks and can always use new ideas and material.

Today was our first presentation. She was a painter from our congregation. She spoke of creating, and how it truly is the spirit within her. She had examples of her work, inspired some conversation on paintings, and gave us a little watercolor lesson. It went well, though not exactly what I had in mind. I have five more presenters that I can coach. I have it pretty well lined up. This week was a painter, next week - a carpenter. From there on I have a teacher who runs a one room schoolhouse in Baltimore, a quilt artist, a photographer, and an ordinary, elderly woman who has lived her life to the Glory of God.

So, let me ask these questions:
What do you create? When do you create? Same time everyday? every week? How does it make you feel? Excited, calm, peaceful, agitated? What does it give to you? How do you give back? Do you have a spiritual connection to your creativity? What inspires you? Do you have stories or quotes that inspire you? Feel free to pose your own questions or answer other questions. Thanks.

1 comment:

Texan said...

Creating,,,,, I will attempt to put into words what I think about this,

I believe everyone creates, whether its creating life thru having children, or creating beauty thru a form of art or creating memories thru giving...all forms of creating feed us as humans in some way,
it feeds the soul, it nourishes the mind, it builds our health.

Its easy to see some peoples creativity :O, but sometimes you do not so easily see just how creative a person is... creators like my wonderful Grandmother who raised me, she didn't paint,crochet or even sew much, but she created everyday in a very lasting way :O),in her raising of me :O)....she created a person with a deep spiritual foundation, that never leaves me, she created a daily life for me that allowed me to believe in myself, everyday she was raising me she created, and for that I am so very grateful!