Saturday, June 21, 2008

Christmas Present

Every year for Christmas, my Father gets both my sister and I a ticket to the symphony with the promise of dinner beforehand. This year was the first time we all went together. Dinner was exceptional, as it always is at The Chameleon Cafe. Our conversation was animated and continuous as it always is. I watched a handsome couple walk in, and immediately recognized them. It was a girl I had cycled with over 14 years ago and her husband. I walked over and it was a minute before she recognized me but then we fell right into conversation. It had been about 10 years since I had seen her. My father was the one who introduced us 14 or 15 years ago, the two of them having met representing two different colleges at a high school open house. We finished our dinner and went to hear Bethoven's 9th Symphony. Incredible music. I love to hear choir and symphonies together. They send chills down my spine. A wonderful, exhausting, special night.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: