Monday, February 07, 2011

Proud

Okay, I must admit it, I am proud of myself.  Today was the beginning of week 3 of exercising.  I joined a new gym and their New Year's challenge.  It took me two weeks before I was motivated enough to really attempt anything.  My routine consists of 3 days strength training, Zumba whenever I can (usually 2x a week), other cardio, and yoga 1 day a week.  I feel better, have more energy and knit faster ;-)  Sometimes it's all I can do to leave the house but once I am at the gym, I am ready, I am able, and I do it.  I tried something new today with the TRX system they have and really liked it.  I will continue to incorporate new things, hope to meet new people. and hope to change my body even though our first weigh was quite disappointing.  I guess it was that beer the night before - Mojo Risin'.  That's not going to change.

2 comments:

Texan said...

Way to go on your new working out routine. Sometimes its good to shake things up, new gym, new class etc.!!

Right before the arm issue, I had bought a 30 day pass to hot yoga class... I plan to start that come March. The arm is getting better every single day, I should be ready.

Its the drive that will wear me down if I am not careful. 50 minutes each way. We can cheer each other on!

Tee McNeil Art said...

Well good for you! Found your blog from your link on the soul journaling group. I've just started to read all the posts too, and for similar reasons. I've been so busy doing and getting into the swing of posting, that i couldn't take in any more.

Glad you are jumping in!