Today is another rainy day. It's not quite so perfect but productive. I am at work doing a little bit of everything, acccounting, waiting for a group, placing orders, burning my lunch and having the fire company dispatched. I followed protocol, unplugging the toaster, reseting the fire panel, calling the security company but it was too late. The worst part? They are one block away and had no idea where the center was located. OMB! I had to go out onto the street and flag them down. A little worrisome.
My Handsome Prince is scheduled for surgery on Friday. We will head to Baltimore early Thursday morning for the last little bit of pre-op tests and a consulatation with the plastic surgeon which got overlooked last week. We will go out to dinner with our girls and future son in law, hold hands, say a prayer, laugh, whatever we need to do together to ease our hearts and minds for the next day. Friday will begin very early arriving at the hospital by 5am. They are proposing a very difficult, big surgery. Originally when the surgeon said excise the sarcoma, we thought exactly that, just the muscle area where the cancer is. No. They hope to be able to replace from hip to knee, taking out the original prosthesis, the radical extension put in two years ago, his hip, and then excise the dead sarcoma from the muscle. Since they are doing so much work, Pat has asked that they work on his patella, installing a button under it to prevent it from rubbing on the prosthesis which has caused him pain for years. All of this information was part of what shocked us last week. I asked his long term orthopedic oncologist if Pat would be able to walk his daughter down the aisle in a year. He smiled and said "I like that,Yes. " There are risks involved but the greater risk is doing nothing at all. We anticipate a hospital stay of at least a week and maybe a few extra days in Baltimore just in case.