Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Girl's Day

Today was a day with the girls. We started with lunch at The Pour House, sitting outside, chatting about people and places. They were both in such good spirits, looking so young and beautiful. When lunch was over and we were leaving they both thanked me. Then off to Target to do the dreaded college/high school supply shopping. OMG! I called the Prince to warn him about the Target bill. The bugger called me 10 minutes later, played "I'll Tumble for You" by Boy George, just to get that stupid song in my head and make me sing it the rest of the day. I do not like that stupid song nor do I like Boy George! But it is catchy and he was singing it the other day. I told him he was a sick man! Back on track, we bought everything from q-tips and tampons to pillows and desk organizers. Afterwards, Emma had to have her TB test read, which just so happened to be right next door to the best ice cream place ever! Hoffman's makes the best milkshakes ever. No contest. Don't even try me! Another thank you. I just love it when the girls appreciate the time we spend together and the things we do. We decided to hit Goodwill where we bought 3 sweaters, the cutest wrap blouse for me and another metal freezer bin like these ($.75 can you believe?!). Then to the mall! You have to remember, I hate shopping! I did buy something at the mall, which I will wait to unveil until I get the rest of it. So cool! We finally made it home and my Dad joined us for a lovely dinner on the deck. It was such a fun day! We just laughed, chatted, sang, and shopped! Tomorrow, we are going to try to hit the thrift/retro shops in Fells Point.

What I'm listening to:
I splurged today and bought Bruce Springsteen, We Shall Overcome, The Seeger Sessions. Some powerful music. I've only listenend to it about 3 times so far, with distractions. I look forward to putting it in the car. This was recorded live in only 3 sessions without rehearsals. Amazing! I remember listening to Pete Seeger when I was a young girl. I also remember a trip to Chicago with my Dad and seeing Pete, sitting on the ground with a few people. I want to remember that he was strumming but I know he was not. My Dad spoke to him and told him we enjoy his music. I distinctly remember Pete Seeger saying thank you. That's my famous siting, as my family likes to play.

No comments: