Thursday, November 13, 2008

Magic

My neighbor is moving. I met her through a rug hooking email list. She lived on the other side of the county. Remember children, do as I say, not as I do. We met in neutral territory, looking for wool or hooking. Eventually we trusted one another to meet in our homes. When the time came to look for a new home, I aided, and found not one, but two of their homes over the past 5 years or so. She currently lives two houses away. There was a time when we had coffee together 3 or 4 times a week. Creativity always a binding force in our relationship. We haven't quite addressed our break up. I love her, will miss her when she leaves and will cry. The neighborhood won't be the same. Of course, I think she would feel that way if I were the first to leave.


Every morning for about 3 weeks, I sent my BFFL an email video. It was a challenge and a joy to come up with something she would like. This was her favorite, I think. Comedy or music was the theme, although an occasional inspirational video slipped through.


Through facebook, two classmates contacted me and asked to be my friend. I don't know who they are. I went looking for some I did and only found the girl who bullied me through junior high and high school. I wanted to ask her if she still hated me. I did not ask her to be my friend, instead I just sent her a message that stated she still looked the same. She never responded


I found an old beau who lives, of all places, on the eastern shore. Laughter and memories have arisen through email.


I communicate with my children and their friends. Sometimes it just works that way. Nothing beats face to face but sometimes you need to make adjustments, get with the times. Compromise on both sides.


I taught myself to knit after my auntie taught me to cast on.


I'm taking a college course on line.


I furnished the shore house through Freecycle, mostly.

Let's not forget the fantastic music, the venues, and the many tickets I buy.


And yes, I waste lots of time.


Isn't it awesome?

No comments: