Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Blueprint

We have been asked to provide a blueprint of our life for the youth. They are attending a retreat this weekend and are working on blueprints and building. We, the parents, have been asked to provide one (or the top 3) things we use as a bluprint of our lives. One of my "blueprints" is due to the fact that I am a Mom. That is my job. Being a Mother is the most important job I will ever hold, so I try to be a good one. Not an easy task. I want my children to know that I love them with every ounce of my being, even while fuming at them in church for goofing off. I want them to have confidence in themselves, to be faithful people, to be selfless rather than self centered, have compassion, be respectful, responsible. So I try to be an example. Not easy. I have to bite my tongue, forgive when I am furious, love when I am mad, constantly admit my faults, discipline when all I want to do is wrap my arms around a child a say it's okay, learn from them while teaching, be open and listen while doing twenty other things, and remind myself that this is the next generation, next leaders, next workers. While my blueprint is easy in words "Be a good Mom" it contains many elements of being that I remind myself of daily, hourly and sometimes every minute.

On a lighter note, I'm finally compiling my list for the year.

No comments: