Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Knitting Blues


Well, not really. I'm just knitting blue, blue scarves, blue duffel bag. Today is the first day in a while I've had the house to myself, well, I share it with the dogs. I like my solitude. I love having my family around, and despite the fact that it has usually been recovery period, I love having My Handsome Prince around, no schedule, relaxing. I love the noise, the chaos, the laughter of everyone around. But I love, need, and crave solitude once in a while. Today is perfect. The sun is shining is the sunroom, heating it to 75 degrees, the puppies are lounging in the spots where the sun streams in, I listen to WTMD, Subdudes right now, and I knit.

My thoughts run in many directions, which is ok, because I am not following any pattern, just straight knitting. I think how the hell am I going to get my act together enough to work, go to school, feed my family, care for my home, and still have time to nap,knit, or create, all in the same day. I guess something's gotta give. Yet I am excited, thrilled. There is only room for growth. I think of the scan that will happen at the end of next week and try not to fret. The threat of deployment is real, now more than ever. That is where the repetitive motion of the needles is soothing and simple. I think, do I have the nerve to dread my hair this weekend? The opportunity has presented itself. Later, I phone my sister, and yes, continue to knit. Nobody gives me a hard time about talking to my sister for 5 minutes or 2 hours (we get it from both sides). She puts together a rower with the help of her children. I'm jealous of the rower, but I do get her weight bench for the shore. We talk of our Grandparents' homes and how nothing was off limits, laugh, then say goodbye and get back to our tasks.

And then my solitude comes to an end. Audrey needs to be picked up from school and taken to the dermatologist, Old Navy, and last stop at Safeway for their soup and bread bowls, a treat for the two of us. We will come home, separate to our respective quarters for a bit, for she too, likes her solitude, then gather for a bit of tube before bed.

1 comment:

Texan said...

Its leveling out at my house, hang in there :O)... I am starting to get a groove with the school, house, hubby, doggy, life thing and today I even did something creative! Its been a while...

School is going pretty good and I am starting think I can actually do this!

You will find your groove with it all :O)...

Okay so I did have a melt down like the second week but after that it really started getting in line :O)