Monday, February 18, 2008

Don't Fight Mondays

Have you seen the commercial? The one where there appears a sliver of light, and immediately people start jumping out of their beds, old and young alike, grabbing the nearest weapon, and start running up the street. Running as if their life depended on it. They come to an edge and the sun starts rising and they are defeated. They could not stop the sun from rising. The motto/line is "Don't fight Mondays". I have no idea what it is advertising.

My panic begins on Sunday afternoon or evening. If we are out somewhere, I need to leave early to ensure I am ready for Monday. Did I complete my homework? Do I have all the changes of clothes necessary, clean? Do I have "things" ready for my classes at work? Is there food in the house? And it goes on. By the evening, I'm not in the best mood, a little on edge, a little cranky.

Like those in the commercial, Monday morning I wake before my alarm, keeping my eyes closed until it goes off, willing myself to sleep just a bit more. Don't fight Mondays! I'm going to try to get up when I wake and learn some meditation or just go sit in the hot tub. But unlike those in the commercial, once up I'm excited, willing to embrace the day, long though it is. It's going to come no matter what and I'm going to make the best of it.

Here is my schedule for Mondays:
6am alarm
8:20 leave house
9-12 work
eat lunch in car
12:30-3:30 Health and Spanish
3:30-6:30 - eat dinner somewhere where there is wireless so I can do homework
6:30-9:20 Physical Fitness class

Today, Mary opened our class with some guided meditation type stuff, sitting in a chair, upright, eyes closed, focus on breathing, relaxing, releasing. It was awesome! I really love this class.

1 comment:

Texan said...

Boy do I hear on the Sunday evening stress LOL, "the did I list"

How did you manage to get all your classes on Monday? I will assume they are Mon. & Wed. meeting? That is great... I am strung out every day but Friday with my tree. Mon-Thurs. I have 8:00 a.m. classes and then Tues. Night I have one.
I never have been a morning person so ewww this has been an adjustment! I too hear the 6:00 a.m. alarm ewww I want to smash that alarm sometimes.

Test this morning, so of course I didn't sleep as well last night. No amount of promising myself I won't stress over my grades seems to be sticking.

But having said all that, I reallllllly like going to school :O)...We will get the hang of this, once we do I think it will be less stressful and more old hat :O)...