Saturday, February 02, 2008

Saturday Morning Musings

I missed Bonerama at the 8x10 club last night and I'm going to miss Grace Potter and the Nocturnals too. Dang! I'm a bit disappointed but all I need to do is look at this and know that I will get my fill. Oh, and Friday night at the Rock 'n Bowl is Kermit Ruffins and Bonerama, double whammy! My plans for the festival include Betty LaVette, Deacon John, John Prine, maybe John Butler Trio, and of course the Gospel Tent. I wonder who will be at the Maple Leaf Thursday night? Or maybe Tiptinas? Dinner at Jacque Imos then walk to the Maple Leaf, it doesn't really matter who is there. Maybe walk the French Quarter and see if Big Al Carson is still singing. Annettes for omelets. My heart is racing with the possibilities.

Yesterday was a gloomy, rainy, day that Audrey and I both had off from responsibilities. I got dressed around 4 just to go to the store. We watched movies and 3 hours of CSI reruns and totally vegged out. I continued my knitting. On my run to the store I saw some people enjoying the day in a completely different manner. It made me smile and wish, once again, I had my camera. Two trucks, a field of mud, rain pouring, these vehicles going in circles, splashing mud till not one speck of paint was visible. They were having a grand time and yet so did I, in my jammies, making tortillas, watching movies, talking with Audrey, playing with puppies.

No comments: