Friday, February 29, 2008

This I Believe

I believe in the simple things. I believe that each day holds beauty, joy, and wonder if you look for it. I believe in spreading that beauty, joy and wonder in simple ways. A smile, a touch, a phone call, a note, praise, and service. I believe in laughter. Laughter heals the heart and soothes the soul and is so much fun. I believe in the mind, body, spirit connection. That together they hold the key to healing. I believe in the sanctity of marriage and the love of my husband. I believe in family. I believe in God, and his unconditional love and grace. And sometimes, when I think of Jesus Christ and his love, I cry.

I'm on staff again for the youth camp this summer. Tomorrow is our first staff meeting. We were asked to bring a "This I Believe" type thing. I don't know if I have it or not, but these are a few of my bare, naked truths.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

calicodaisy said...

Dana: That's a beautiful post to read this Sunday morning. Great job. I have always wanted to send in a "This I Believe" to NPR but could never wrap it up so succicntly (sp?) I think. I hope that statement makes your mission and service to the youth camp this summer that much more defined and blessed. -- Michele

Texan said...

I think you have it! Without a doubt :O)...

Anonymous said...

In the words of Jack Nicholson, "You have inspired me to be a better man".
I only hope I can come close to getting my message across as you are sooo able to accomplish.