Sunday, February 24, 2008

Kaleidoscope for Big Girls





Once again, I was asked to teach/present for this event. My biggest thrills for the day was one woman, an artist by trade, asked if I was an artist by trade, by the conversation we were having. OMG! To be in that league! The other thrill was that one woman who took my rug hooking class last year has hooked several pieces since. Literally she is hooked. How cool is that?





Now, they were not my only thrills. I had fantastic classes. The women were so creative, so prolific. The conversation was easy, music playing, food excellent.






Again, an all day event. This years classes were needle felting with wool (me), offered both morning and afternoon, painted floor cloths, afternoon only, yo yos, morning only, and mosaics, all day. It's amazing what happens when a day is set aside for having fun, and being creative. Minds are opened to new things. I'm dying to do all the things that were done in the other workshops.
















Here are some of the finished masterpieces.

Don't you want to come too? I can not wait until next time. It's also made me want to plan my Creative Women's Retreat. So many options.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like I said, you inspire people by your creativity and personality.

Texan said...

You rug hook and teach it too, I would so come to that class! Also needle felting would be fun!

I am hoping to go this Friday to a Rug Hooking Social Day at a store about 55 minutes from me. I hope this cold is gone by then uggggg. Ya the crud that I have managed to keep from getting all winter, well it got me, though I am not nearly as sick as some have got with it! :O)...

I meant to ask, do you have a specific thing picked out for school or are you just getting your feet wet while you decide? I am still in decide mode...

Erna said...

Oh that felting class would be great! unfortunately it is a little bit far from my home.. :)
The results are so colourfull!

Erna said...

Couldn't find your emailadres...so I post it here : thanks for dropping by at my blog! :))