Saturday, March 15, 2008

Quick Visit

Bridgeville Delaware is home to Ralph and Paul Adams, better known as RAPA, the scrapple Kings. Because we cook and eat pork products over the open fire when camping, and yes, scrapple is a favorite, we salute Ralph and Paul Adams along with the mandatory "Thank you Ralph and Paul Adams!" I think My Handsome Prince's BFFB (Best friend forever Brian) came up with this. I did not salute all by myself but I managed to get a photo, albeit not a very good one.

By the time I got to the house, MHP was already home from work and I was famished. We don't have much in the way of cooking utensils yet and hate to stock up the kitchen with to much food so we eat out as much as we cook. The Latino population is quite large so the choice of mexican food is great. This time we went Tex/mex. This place was not as good as La Quetzelteca. Food was just not as fresh or as well prepared. But they did have some guy walking around with this pitcher of wine with a long spout on it, you were supposed to tilt your head back while he poured wine in your mouth. I don't know about you, but I prefer to sip my wine from a glass. We came back to the house and watched "No Country For Old Men". Grim, but worth a view.

In the morning, I was invited to breakfast at the house of my new friend. I met this woman in the Organic food market, we've been in touch via email and finally got a chance to get together. She had set a beautiful table, including a cloth napkin with a cute little tie around it that said "new beginnings" on one side and "Always find joy in the ordinary things in life" on the other. Now, how did she know? As my kids would say, I think we are "thoulmates". We went to the Holistic Health fair and laughed our way through. I do not think we ever stopped talking (or laughing) during the drive, the fair or the drive back. She filled me in on few necessary tidbits on shore living, like the best bakery, how to avoid traffic, cool stores, etc. I am looking forward to our next get together.

I then went for a quickie on the beach. All those times over the past two years of driving to the shore to look at houses and never even seeing the water has paid off. I do not go with out at least a small walk on the beach, search for shells, and a moment of wonder at the surf.



Now I am back in my primary home, with a messy kitchen (well, a messy everything), a paper to write, an online exam to take, a presentation to prepare, and some reading. Nothing like the real world. I've got a small glass of wine at one side, two puppies sleeping on the other side, girls out with friends and cousins, the house is quiet, I can sort of hear the surf, can you?

2 comments:

Today: In Seven said...

Found your blog by clicking "next blog", saying hello. Lovely photos. I've never had scrapple. What does it taste like?

If you visit me, please leave a comment of no more than seven words or less! Have a great day.

Texan said...

Sounds like you had a great time :O)...

We are on spring break this next week :O) woowhooo